Peaches and Pits of Aruba!
Post by Kimberly
This week our peach and the pit post is coming to you from Aruba…and while it is hard to think of any real pits to our vacation, it is always useful to think of a few, they make you appreciate the peaches so much more!!
First, here are a few of the pits we have stumbled upon over the past week in paradise:
- Splotchy Sunburn
- Layers of dried sunblock (starting to form a weird slime…)
- Eating copious amounts of food that only lead to one thing: expanding waist line
- Be away from loved ones all week has been tough (for me especially!!)
- Aruba (’nuff said, its the best. The weather, the people, the memories, I love it.)
- Long walks on the beach as the sun rises
- Coffee served with evaporated milk
- Red Velvet Cake (a post meal must-have every night!)
- The Fabulous Townhouse we have this year, that puts most of us under one roof for the week
- Getting a proper tan and saying goodbye to the corporate/library tan we had been sporting thus far….
- And last but not least, my peach this week is getting the time to catch up with my family. Whether it be floating in the water together for hours on end, a morning walk/talk with Mom, goofing around with my sisters or walking the streets at night in search of dessert, I have been soaking in every minute and loving every second of it!! Before the fall hits and Christine goes back to school, job searching begins, it is so nice to have this time with everyone to just relax, catch up, laugh and enjoy life! I love my family and I am so blessed to be able to have this time with them after such a stressful summer!