Celebrating Early Fall
Post by Rachel
I’m not going to lie. I’m feeling a bit daunted this morning.
It’s really like the end of summer. The thought of a full work week without a summer Friday (yes, those 3 hours on Friday afternoon really do make a huge difference) is fairly daunting. So to get through it all, I’m getting excited about the approaching fall weather. Fall is by far my favorite season. It makes me want to curl up in a giant cable knit sweater, watch my favorite returning TV shows, drink hot cider and rock some seriously kick ass boots.
placate myself celebrate, I put together a fun mood board of all things fall that I’m excited about.
clockwise from top: plaid bayou tunic, jcrew.com; essie glamour purse, essie.com; maple syrup cupcakes, theavidappetite.com; halation necklace, anthropologie.com; BP. ‘division’ boot via nordstrom.com; Børn ‘sosie’ tall riding boot via nordstrom.com; Alexis Bittar ‘smoky dust’ skinny tapered bangle via nordstrom.com; pigskin, reminds me of fall every time; warm apple cider via valleyandcoblog.com
1. Plaid bayou tunic – I love plaid button down shirts. I think they are chic yet comfortable…a winning combination in my opinion. A long version paired with skinny jeans or leggings and high boots is my favorite fall uniform.
2. Essie glamour purse – I’m just obsessed with this color for fall. It’s deep enough for fall but oh so light and feminine.
3. Maple syrup cupcakes – I made these last fall and was transported to heaven. They are like a pancake in cupcake form. And there’s nothing wrong with that.
4. Halation necklace – I love the return of big and chunky necklaces in the cooler weather. Paired with a scoop neck tee or even over the plaid tunic, you really can’t go wrong with this one.
5. ‘Division’ boot – Me want now. I wasn’t always a fan of the bootie look, but I’m coming around to it and think a pair will be necessary in my collection this year.
6. ‘Sosie’ tall riding boot – I adore high boots and am seriously crushing on the over-the-knee variety this fall. A little tougher than the bootie but just as comfy and so sophisticated. Pair over skinny jeans or leggings and the plaid tunic and you’re good to go for just about anything.
7. Alexis Bittar bangles – These bangles are so fun and gorgeous to boot. Perfect to dress up any outfit…great for funning up a work outfit but glam enough for a night out.
8. Football – need I say more? I love football!
9. Warm apple cider – the epitome of fall in my opinion. I can’t wait to sit on my terrace on a cool evening with a big warm glass of this stuff. Pass the apple pie while you’re at it.
So there you have it. 9 things that I’m absolutely craving to ring in the fall season.
Questions of the Day:
How do you get motivated for the week ahead?
Are you looking forward to fall? If so, what’s your favorite part?