Home-made Sloppy Joes
Post by Kimberly
I think that the change of seasons always stirs up my desire to break out my favorite recipe books and cook up some treats. So this week I am gonna break out one of my all time favorite recipes I made way back in July!
Three cheers for my first recipe post! I think I deserve an extra cheer because a mere 3 years ago I couldn’t even boil pasta…so I hope you enjoy this sloppy joe recipe as much as I did! I know its a keeper that I will be going back to time and again!
Ground Turkey Sloppy Joe’s
(adapted from Real Simple Cookbook “Meals Made Easy” Not-So-Sloppy-Joes)
*Makes 4-5 sloppy joes depending on whose eating them
What You’ll Need:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 1.5 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
4. Spoon the turkey onto the buns and top with the cheddar and a dollop of sour cream!
5. Dig in and Enjoy!
There you have it…I will be making these again very soon! They are delicious, light and so easy to make!
What are you guys stirring up these days? Does your motivation to cook change with the seasons?