Favorite Christmas Traditions
Post by Kimberly
Since I love all of my family’s holiday traditions, I figured I would take the time to share them all with you!
1. Christmas Eve Breakfast…this tradition started when Rachel, Christine and I were wee tiny little kids and in order to save my mother’s sanity while she prepped a meal fit for an army, our Dad would take us out of the house for breakfast and a trip to see Santa. This tradition has evolved over the years and eventually we invited Mom to join us. We still do this every year and its such a nice time to sit down with our immediate family and relax.
2. Christmas Eve. It is by far my favorite day of the year. My parent’s house is decked out in the most beautiful decorations, our ginormous tree is all lit up and candles are spread ALL over the place. It’s so beautiful and warm and brings back a flood of memories from all my favorite Christmases in the past.
3. Baking Day! Every year we try to set aside one weekend day in December to bake up a storm! You can read more about it here…it’s amazing and exhausting and glutenous, but hanging with our Mom all day long really is the best tradition.
4. Christmas Movies…I love sporadically catching a great film on television or planning out a night to cuddle up with a Christmas flick. Elf, National Lampoon’s, Scrooged, Family Stone…there just isn’t enough time in December to fit them all in!
5. Leszer Christmas Dinner…this tradition was started 8 years ago by my sister and her best friend Lindsey. It basically is a giant girls dinner with my sisters and Lindsey and her sister and each of our best friends. Basically there are 8 of us, we meet every year around Christmas for dinner at Carmine’s in NYC and a trip to the tree. Each year someone makes a craft party favor take home and its basically the next best thing besides Christmas Eve!
What are your favorite holiday traditions?